Game Boy Advance Build Your Own
This is the Build you own console listing where you can configure your own consoles to your choices. Once you have chosen your parts, I'll hand-build your console - you'll receive a finished console fully ready to play!
For the price listed you will get:
- Refurbished AGB-001 motherboard
- Any shell options listed
- Standard light grey buttons, triggers and bumpers
- Standard LCD (non backlit)
- Plastic Lens
Shell Colours - The shell is included in the list price of the console, please select which colour you would like from the dropdown at no additional charge
Buttons Colours - Select from the choices of button colours listed or the "Custom Cast" options. With the customs cast please fill out the text box stating the colours of the d-pad A & B colours.
Start-Select Colour - Included in the price is Light Grey. Where possible in solid colour shell builds I always use original d-pad and A&B silicone pads to keep the buttons feeling authentic. In Clear or GITD shells i will always use the colour you have selected. This may make button presses feel different to the original console.
The coloured or aftermarket silicone's don't "feel" the same as the original buttons. The must make them out of a harder material or the dimensions aren't the same. This isn't a issue with the start & select because you hardly use them so they can be whatever colour you would like but the Dpad and Action buttons you use all the time in gameplay.
So you have a moral decision to make... Do you want them to "feel" like the originals or do you prefer looks over "feel".
LCD Options - Included in the price is the Original non backlit LCD but to modernise the console select one of the following options
- AGS-101 standard brightness - This is just the LCD with no additional extras. The power is taken from the console with a wire to the conversion ribbon.
- AGS-101 with Voltage Regulator - This has install the AGS-101 powered by my VR++ voltage regulator. This has 5 levels of brightness by holding SELECT and L & R to select the brightness levels. This makes the LCD bright and vibrant compared to the standard option. It does however effect the battery life but this cannot be helped
- Funnyplaying IPS LCD v2 - This is LCD has 4 pixels to every 1 the AGS-101 has. It is sharper because of this. The viewing window is also larger. Please check out the many youtube videos about this LCD for more visual information about it. This also has an effect on the battery life and play time of the console
To finish we add the rear serial sticker